A great idea from Ian Gilbert via the Independent Thinking website.
8 Way thinking takes Gardner’s MIs and creates a thinking scaffolding based around:
So, in the example quoted on the website, if the topic being studied was beer, students might come up with:
- How much beer is drunk in the UK each Friday night?
- Where does the word ‘beer’ come from?
- Who invented beer and why?
- What sort of emotions do advertisers try and associate with beer in their marketing?
- What are the natural ingredients of beer and where are they grown?
- What are the various stages in the beer-making process?
- What songs have been written about beer and its effects?
- In TV and magazine advertising, how is beer portrayed?
Webpage includes an ‘8 way thinking planning wheel’.