So it’s been a while.
(Happy New Year, by the way)
There are a myriad of reasons (excuses?) that I haven’t done much blogging in the last twelve months,
- E-learning coordinator role is taking up more time at school
- I don’t think I can remember a busier year at school
- My kids are growing up and I am determined I’m not going to miss it
- As the debate has heated up in education blogs (and on Twitter) I haven’t always been clear of my view, so I’ve been waiting until I’ve had something to say. Twice I’ve written what I thought were killer blog posts, then reread them in the morning and saw a glaring hole in my thinking staring me in the face
- As the quality of education blogs has improved I’ve been less willing just to post ‘whatever’ to the blog. I’m going to need to get over this, or I doubt I’ll ever post again!
Over the next couple of months I’m going to try and…
- sort out both the resources section of the blog (which is currently not working after sugar-sync went to a pay model)
- update the presentations section to include the other talks I’ve given over the last couple of years that haven’t made it to here
- blog about some tools and resources that have made an impact in some of my lessons
- try and join in with some of the current debates around education that are going on in education blogs, while continue to ignore others that just seem to a little too oppositional and personal for my preference.
The history of this blog has always been rather stop-start. Let’s see if this latest start can be a little longer lasting than some of the previous ones!