Archive for the ‘metacognition’ tag
Looking for images on Flickr to use for my new metacognition posters, I came across these three images by Darren Kuropatwa that I thought were worth sharing. I’m likely to use these when talking about this concept with PGCE students and others. Click the images to take you to the relevant pages on Flickr.
I want my students to get used to reflecting on their learning, so I’m going to produce a series of posters with key plenary questions on them which can go on display and I can regularly refer to. So far I’ve got:
- Three things you’ve learned this lesson
- What was the most effective way you have learned this lesson?
- How could that lesson have been even better?
- How does this link with what you’ve done in another subject?
- Sum this lesson up in a sentence
- Sum this lesson up in a word
- Think of a question from this lesson to ask another student
- What else would you like to know about this topic?
- What skills did you use this lesson?
- What were the key words from this lesson?
- Tell me something your partner has learnt in this lesson that they didn’t know before. (Via Rebecca Cole in the comments below)
I’ll share the posters when they’re done, but is there anything here I’ve missed?
What are your favourite plenary questions?